Location: Jalan Arjuna, which is opposite the PLN office on the main road, Senggigi, Lombok.
Accessible by car, and only 5 minutes walk to the centre of Senggigi (10 minutes walk to the beach).
View Villa Lampu on a satellite map
Size: Approximately 1.6 hecatres
Description: Entrance to the property is through a hinged double gate made of solid coconut wood and decorated with metal lizards leading to a private driveway and second hinged gate with an archway of bougainvillea flowers. The private driveway continues up to the house and past it to a paved parking area for three/four cars. The gardens are landscaped with lawns interspersed with trees and laid-out flower beds, including bougainvillea, orchids, cacti, etc. The trees provide good shade coverage and vary from coconut, mango, durian, guava, bayleaf, and lemon. Set within the grounds are three “berugas” — stilted platforms with thatched roofs for open-air relaxation.
The house, which is surrounded by a variety of flowers, has a large open-air patio leading onto a 3 metre wide covered veranda stretching 22 metres along the length of the house. In the middle are the double front doors leading into a large open sitting/dining area and kitchen. The kitchen is complete with stove (with extractor hood), fridge, storage cabinets, double sink/kitchen counter, built-in breakfast table, and telephone line. Leading off from the kitchen is a storage/laundry room that is complete with washing machine, cupboards and storage shelves. Leading off from the main sitting area is a shower room/visitor’s toilet.
At the east end of the house is the large master bedroom (approx. 90 sq. m.), which is divided into a private sitting room and bedroom, and which has its own en-suite bathroom. At the back, through a doorway, is a private covered veranda. The sitting room has its own basin and wardrobe and is equipped with a phone point (useful for internet connection), while the bedroom has an access point for satellite TV (currently through Indovision).
At the west end of the house, there is a bedroom of 6 m. by 4 m., which is equipped with a double bed and large triple wardrobe, and which has its own en-suite bathroom.
At the back of the house, there is a small covered veranda with its own sink and a separate bedroom with its own en-suite bathroom.
- Three-phase electricity supply from the PLN with a capacity for up to 23,000 KVA.
- A 10,000 KVA Honda generator (sound-proofed) purchased in 2009 and already installed in its own shed.
- Telephone line with wifi access.
- Satellite TV.
- A deep-bore well (approx. 37 metres deep) with submersible pump and control panel, which pumps water to a 60,000 litre ground tank on the hill, from where the water supply to the house and garden is gravity-fed.
- Already installed piped city water supply.
- Lights around the garden which provide a pleasant environment for walking in the evening.
- Walled or fenced garden for the lower end of the property with stone steps leading up the hill for views over the Senggigi bay.